Thursday, April 9, 2020

Discontent

Hi,

That pitiful forecast for rain was just that.  My theory is that if it’s less than a 60% possibility, it’s not going to happen.  My bookie agrees (555).

The ‘Middle Song’ was easily recognized by a few readers.  I know that more of you know this tune.  Here’s the third verse:  “Ha!  They say that I won’t last too long __ __ (__ __).  I’ll catch a Greyhound bus for home, they all say (__ __).  But oh, they’re dead wrong, I know they are, ‘cause I can play this here guitar, and I won’t quit ’til I’m a star __ __ (__ __).  Clue:  We’ve gone from the roof to under the boardwalk with this group and they’ve never let us down.  The subject of this song is where we can see some musical theater.  

It occurred to me that since I wear a mask everywhere I go, there is no need to shave.  As long as it doesn’t become a beard that breaks the feeble seal the mask provides, who cares?  Actually, it gets uncomfortable after several days and I shave anyway, in desperation.  Lisa stopped putting on lipstick for the same reason, plus, it gets all over the inside of the mask.  I can’t recall the show, but I remember a recent sci-fi show that had a virtual mask that would protect the face, but was invisible.  Now that’s pretty cool.

Every 90 days we have to check in with the immigration office to confirm our residence.  The time was approaching,  and we were told that we’d have to do it using an ‘app’ provided by immigration.  The app wasn’t working so we found a form on the internet.  After a call to our local office, they told us to mail the form to the Mae Sai office.  We took the completed forms to the post office and discovered a drive-through service.  Great idea in these times.  After we got home, Lisa saw an alert in the Bangkok Post stating that they had extended the check-in period to the end of the month.  Oh well, it’s done.

In today’s photo I’d like to introduce you to another little friend.  He lives in our bathroom and seems to like it there, although I don’t think he can get out on his own.  He’s about 3 inches long.


This afternoon we went to Mae Chan to see Dr. Mark.  We were both moaning around the house with aches and things.  Most of it brought on by our lovable ‘puppy’.  We firmly believe that the outburst will cease once the cone is gone.  Anyway, we had some interesting conversations about life changes from a doctors perspective.  You can know something, like the tension that must be in a doctors life, but until you see it in the face and hear it in the voice, it doesn’t mean the same.  All health care workers are living in fear, even if they do manage to suppress it.  Much respect must be given to these heroes.

So, here we sit in isolation, caring, worrying about family and friends.  Multiply that around the world.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                       Peace,
                                 Danny

“Discontent is the first necessity
of progress.”
~Thomas A. Edison

No comments: