Friday, August 30, 2019

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Chiang Rai had an almost rain-free day.  We had a brief mid-day downpour that watered everything but barely cooled the air at all.  This evening there is thunder in the distance, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

The 'Middle Song' was “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King.  The ‘Old School Friday’ song really was by The Drifters.  
“When this old world starts getting me down, and people are just too much for me to face (__ __ __ __).
I climb way up to the top of the stairs, and all my cares just drift right into space (__ __ __ __).  __ __ __, it’s peaceful as can be.  And there, the world below can’t bother me… __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  The lyrics give it away.  The upper-most part of a building.  Yeah, that should do it.

This morning we weren’t sure when the people from True TV would come to update the software so we took a chance and went to The Wanderer for coffee.  If they needed us, we would be 5 minutes away.  While we were there, a man took the table next to us and ordered some food.  Lisa stepped away to visit Kwan and he struck up a conversation.  His opening line was, “This is a wonderful place to have breakfast”.  He’s from London, comes to Thailand every 2 months to visit his children in Bangkok and this was his first visit to ‘the woods’.  Then it was the usual questions after finding out that we lived here.  You know, where are you from, blah, blah.  Before we left, I walked over to say ‘Hello’ to Mercy.  She gave me a very vocal greeting, I howled back and she said something else and we said goodbye.  I have howled with her since we first met, about 2 years ago and I guess she thinks I’m a relative of some kind (555).

Gong made us a delicious lunch of roasted chicken, sticky rice, and a sauce for dipping the rice that we’d never had before.  

The TV guys finally came in the afternoon, after a phone call and some prodding by ‘the boss’.  

We got another photo of Jai Dee today.  He’s almost 7 weeks old in this one and looking like he might be a big boy.  Looks like he’s thinking, “I wish you’d put me down now”.


I have been invited to go to the Nuka (rice bran) baths on Sunday with Khun Somluk.  I did some reading on it and from what I can gather, it’s like a hot-tub of rice bran tea.  Good for the skin and invigorating.  There are lots of B-complex vitamins along with vitamin E.  I’ll fill you in on Monday, of course.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    Don’t forget the ‘Funnies’ and Formula 1 from Belgium on Sunday.  Oh, and the U.S. Open Tennis from New York all weekend.  Whew.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny


No comments: