Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thoughts

Hi,

Today there were moments when it looked like it might rain. Then the moments passed. I got a massage and we socialized in the evening.

So, I tried to make Monday as easy as possible by giving you "I Want To Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles, but only Lisa and Ricardo responded. Now you get to remember a 'Song of '91'. This one was a Country hit by the daughter of a famous singer. "People are talking, talking 'bout people. I hear them whisper, you won't believe it. They think we're lovers, kept under cover. I just ignore it, but they keep saying we laugh just a little too loud. We stand just a little too close. We stare just a little too long. Maybe they're seeing something we don't, darlin'. Let's give them __ __ __ __ (repeat 2x)" Hint: This one rates pretty high as a clever love song.

This morning I had my weekly massage. The rest of the day was spent at the house. Lisa worked on a new cast acrylic print and I learned more about some music programs I have on my iPad. Since we've run through the complete volumes of the entire Stargate franchise, we're now watching Star Trek The Next Generation for lunch. Nothing like lunch in another galaxy. Most of the episodes are vaguely familiar, but there are details that make it worth watching. It's also interesting to notice how production values and techniques have changed through the years.

The evening we went to the launch party for the Chiang Rai chapter of PATA, an international organization that promotes travel and tourism. There were many people there that we knew, and more that we didn't know. It was held at Rai Maefarluang in a very nice reception room. Just before we left, we had a conversation with the director of chapter development. She mentioned that tourism benefits everyone in a town like Chiang Rai due to the ripple effect. So many sectors of the community are linked in some way to money from outside the area that it benefits the whole to promote tourism. While the main industry is agriculture, there is a definite dependence on tourist dollars.

Tomorrow I get to go to the dentist. Oh joy. Dr. Oy is going to fill two tiny cavities on two upper front teeth. I always fret about going through these things and it's never as bad as I imagine. So, it will be a piece of cake and I will emerge with my bravery intact. (555) Seriously, how bad could it be?

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make our world."
~The Buddha

No comments: