Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Clear skies can trick one into thinking it's a warm sunny day.  I still needed my hat, jacket and gloves.  It's cold here and there's no way around it.  

The 'Zany Day' song was "Crocodile Rock" by Elton John.  'Old School Friday' is next.   Here's one of my favorites from the Motor City:  "Money, who needs it?  Just to live my life free and easy.  Put the toothbrush in my hand, and let me be a travelin', man.  'Cause __ __ __ __, baby.  Can't stay in one place too long.  __ __ __ __, mess with me and I'll be gone.  Hint:  This one is by a singer/sax player and the key word in the title could be 1 or two words.  I left it at two.  It's a play on a cartoon creature who always outwits a coyote.  There, I practically gave it away.  Happy weekend.

Yesterday morning we approached two things on our list that are not considered fun.  We went to the Social Security office, got a number and sat.  After awhile Lisa asked if we could make an appointment online.  The answer was yes and we left.  There is something about sitting in a room of people, not knowing when your number will be called, that just doesn't feel good.  Next stop, the Post Office.  Visions of short lines danced through my head as we parked the car.  There was money on the meter and not many cars around so things were looking up.  We were in line with a woman who actually finished wrapping most of her packages while in line.  Very interesting.  We had a big box of vitamins we were sending to ourselves.  Without the weight of them in our suitcase, management of said cases will be easier.  It will also lessen the probability of being overweight, which the airlines frown on, but will gladly take your money to compensate.

On two occasions I ran into someone I know.  That is something that really adds to the sense of community.  It used to happen to us whenever we went shopping here, but the last two visits it seemed to stop.   It's nice when it happens.

In the evening we had dinner at the home of Lisa's former boss.  This was the second year we've done this and it was a fun, and educational time.  We talked about many things including Thailand, and the art world in America.  They are art collectors and we learned a lot about the changes taking place and how things work.  It's a lot different than what we know in Chiang Rai.  

Today there were a few times when I was tempted to drive 'Chiang Rai Style' but I refrained.  I don't think it would have been appreciated if I had turned in front of the oncoming traffic as soon as the light changed to green.  (555)

We close out the week with a photo from the Chiang Rai Flower Show.  We miss it every year, but it's nice to see what happens.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   On with the 'Funnies'.

                 Peace,
                            Danny

Will Rogers Wisdom (Part 1)

Never squat with your spurs on.

Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman.  Neither works.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket.

No comments: