Thursday, September 22, 2011

Victory

Hi,

Yea, no rain today. The lawn was soggy this morning, but it had all day to dry out. There was music in the streets and I had another great visit with my friend Siam.

This was 'Easy' for some of you. Think back to 1970, when R&R was going strong. The leader of this group often wore a knit hat and a fringe jacket. It was always a party when they performed. There's a reference to a couple of their songs in this verse: "Dance to the music, all night long. Everyday people, sing a simple song. Mama's so happy, mama start to cry. Papa still singin' you can make it if you try. I want to __ __ __ __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __ __ __ __." Hint: Mice and elves? Really? No more hints.

We hung around the house this morning enjoying the beautiful day. The dogs attention was divided between chasing the ball and smelling the yard since it wasn't under water. They have a way of letting us know when they're done playing ball... they just walk away.

After lunch I went into town to meet with Siam at Vivien's, his hangout. On the way I heard music coming from the speakers on one of the big intersections. It was a woman with a beautiful voice singing a ballad. At the next corner I heard it again. In my mind it was like a celebration of the sunny afternoon.

Siam and I arrived at the same time and he had a big smile on his face. He showed me some photos of his bamboo furniture that he will be taking to Bangkok for a show. I helped him give English names to some of the pieces. One of them is two benches back to back. There's room for about 10 people on this thing. He explained that it took a month to construct and told me how hard it was to find curved bamboo. We also listened to the music of a famous musician who specialized in Lana folk songs. We talked about music and I showed him a couple of apps on my iPad. He fell in love with the Koto, strumming his fingers over the virtual strings and laughing out loud. Later the conversation got deep as we discussed religion, spirituality, and the nature of things. At the end of our visit he told me that he didn't have anyone to talk to about these things. That was the same thing I said last week. Life is good.

If it stays sunny tomorrow, we might be able to go for a swim. Today it was a little chilly.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Victory awaits those who have everything in order.
People call this luck."
~Roald Amundson (polar explorer)

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: