Thursday, February 25, 2021

Hair

 Hi,

We’re in that ‘feels like summer’ weather, with highs in the mid 90’s, and the pool getting warmer every day.  Look out, it’s almost time to inflate the toys and the pink swan (555).

The ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune got a lot of responses, meaning you know more old stuff than you thought.  Verse two:
“__ __ __, why is it so, that this longin’ for you follows wherever I go?  In the roarin’ traffic’s boom, in the silence of my lonely room.  I think of you __ __ __.”  Clue:  It was written in ’32 by a very famous writer.  The first recording was by a tap dancer and the lyrics let us know that love can blur time.

This was the day I heard the results of my audio hearing test.  With all of the tests and investigations into parts of my health, I am learning to turn off the ‘what if’ channel and listen to ‘radio wait and see’.  We went to The Wanderer for coffee and roti and then cruised up to Bangkok Hospital for a 10am appointment.  The doctor looked at the graph and it’s squiggly lines that meant nothing to me.  She smiled and told me that my hearing was actually good for someone my age.  Hmm, there was that phrase again.  I guess it’s time to start believing them.  She kept telling me that there was nothing unusual going on.  She gave a few tips on hearing someone behind me, and also mentioned not going to ‘pubs’ where they play loud music.  We assured her that we didn’t do that anyway.  When we left, I felt like I was 15 pounds lighter, had a spring in my step, blah, blah, blah.  Life is good.

This afternoon we were hanging out before dinner.  JaiDee and Nitchanan were playing.  She runs and he chases.  At one point, he grabbed his ball as he chased her down the hall.  Today’s photo was taken during a rest period.


If you look closely, you can see TongTong under the table.  She is becoming a wonderful member of the family.  She has been going on our evening walks around the outside of the house.  It started with her lasting a few times around, and now she does the whole 40 minutes, with a few rest breaks.  She is also learning to walk on a leash.  It’s interesting to watch her as she tries to work with us.  When she gets more confident on the leash we might be able to begin some socialization away from the house.  I have a feeling that she’d love to go for car rides and visit places like The Wanderer.  Time will tell.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.      Please continue to be careful.

                                Peace,
                                          Danny

“Prejudice is like a hair across your cheek.
You can’t see it, you can’t find it with your fingers,
but you keep brushing at it because the feel of it
is irritating.”
~Marian Anderson

No comments: