Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Courage

Hi,

Well, I don’t mean to startle anyone, but Thailand seems to be looking to set records for bad air these days.  Yesterday Chiang Mai had the dirtiest air in the world.  The next dirtiest were only a few particles lower, but what does that even mean?  Today we were told that it was ‘Dangerous’, which is more extreme than ‘Unhealthful’, etc.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Tracks Of My Tears” by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles.  Now it’s time to get silly with a ‘Zany Day’ song.  “One day while I was eating beans at __ __ __, just sittin’, diggin’ all the scene at __ __ __.  A chick I’d never seen before came walkin’ on in through the door.  At least I’d never saw her down at __ __ __, and I started shakin’ when she sat right down next to me.”  Hint:  The title is the name of an diner and a musical.  It’s by a group known for their zany presentations.` 

Last night our internet quit and left us using our cell phones as our ‘hot spots’ for WiFi.  I put a call in to our provider and this morning they called.  The crew arrived two hours earlier than they said, which was fine with us.  It was the router, which was either fixed or replaced, and we were well on our way with fast internet again.  That kind of response is really wonderful.

Our visitors from Singapore left for their Chiang Rai tour at 7am.  Cat and three classmates plus the four Singaporeans climbed into a Song Taew (a full size pick-up with a canopy and two rows of benches) and went on a day-long adventure, seeing the sights around the area.  They saw things we haven’t seen yet.  Cat will have to take us on a tour when the air clears.  They got home around 7pm, rested a few minutes and left for the Night Bazaar.  Ah, youth.

This afternoon we went up to Mae Chan, about 40 minutes north, to the office of Dr. Mark.  I’ve been having a very persistent pain/ache in my back that needed attention.  With our other ‘healers’ either out of town or very busy, I needed relief.  We had a nice visit. a very effective treatment, a pair of super filter face masks, and he didn’t charge me.  He felt that he should have found the area in question on the last visit.  Wow, an honorable man indeed.

On the way home, we stopped at Makro for a few necessities.  It’s been weeks since we’ve been there.  It used to be a regular thing, at least once a week, but now Natcha is doing more of the shopping.  It’s not like I missed the place (555).  As soon as we got home, the alarm on my phone went off, reminding me it was time to leave for my meeting.  So, unload the van, and back on the road, this time to Bus Station street.  Whew.

Today’s photo was taken this evening, after my meeting.  While waiting for Lisa, a parade of Samlors came rolling by, taking a group of tourists on the slow ride around town.


Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“Creativity takes courage.”
~Henri Matisse

No comments: