Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Got no complaints about the weather.  No need for chains on the tires, a snowblower for the walk, or 10 layers of clothes.  See, I get reports on living in the ‘vortex’ and I feel for ya, but glad I’m not there.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was Joe Walsh singing “Life's Been Good”.  Time for another round of ‘Old School Friday’, and a tune from 1958 that I don’t expect a lot of you to know.  “I can’t lose with the stuff I use (__ __ __ __ __) Baby, don’t believe I wear two left shoes (__ __ __ __ __).  Ah ha ha ha (Ah ha ha ha)  Ey eh, oh (Ey eh oh)  Gooba, gooba, gooba, gooba (gooba, gooba, gooba, gooba)  Ah ha ha ha (Ah ha ha ha), etc.”  Clue:  The artist's middle name is the instrument he plays.  He once had a musical flu.  This tune is kinda zany.

This will be a brief message today.  I just returned from the dentist after having a tooth removed.  It was not a simple procedure, and I’m in the icing phase.  (not the kind on cake)  So I can write for 20 minutes, and then ice for 20.  Big fun until the injections wear off and it will just be me and the ibuprofen thrashing about (555).  Right now, it’s just very distracting.

We dropped by The Wanderer for lunch and to see the progress on the garden remodel.  Things are subtly different.  Brick borders in a few places, some old plants have been repotted, and the Spanish moss gives it a more tropical vibe.  There are some banana trees from Florida and they have variegated leaves.  We got a brief tour from Khun Noot, but didn’t have the proper shoes to go off the path for all of it.  

These photos are from today’s visit to The Wanderer.  In the first you’ll see the brick addition and the Spanish moss treatment.  The second is a new plant with no details yet.  The final photo is a brand new butterfly.  It had just hatched and was drying it’s wings on the walkway.  Notice the blue on the leading edge of the wings.




Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.        Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                       Peace,
                                 Danny


No comments: