Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday Funnies

Hi,

My sympathies to all those who are living in the midst of ice and snow.  We’re having very pleasant weather this weekend.  Wish you were here.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Norwegian Wood” by The Beatles (Rubber Soul LP).  And now friends, it’s time for ‘Old School Friday’: “Well, I think I’m __ __ __ __ __.  Yes, I think I’m __ __ __ __ __ over you, over you.  I want you to want me, I need you so badly, I can’t think of anything but you.  And I think I’m __ __ __ __ __, yes, I think I’m __ __ __ __ __ over you, over you….”  Hint: The title is a phrase used to describe losing ones mind.  It’s by a lead singer who really was little, and his background singers.

So, we called ourselves going to bed early and yet, we were awake at 4am., pretended to be asleep until 5ish and then we surrendered to being awake.  This is a critical part of the process because once we stir or speak, then Daku gets up expecting to do downstairs.  The day began in darkness.

We had our first real ‘outing’ into the city.  Gong had brought it to our attention that we needed to get a new tire so we went to a place I used years ago.  It was almost to the mall, which meant we saw a lot of Chiang Rai on our way.  It was still fairly early, so we experienced the end of the morning traffic.  At the tire store, we got four new tires at a very decent price.  There’s nothing worse than hanging around a tire shop so we hailed a Tuk-Tuk and went back into town for coffee at Work@Home.  Our friends weren’t there, but it was nice to relax in familiar surroundings.  We hailed another Tuk-Tuk back to the tire shop and our timing was almost perfect.  

The first Tuk-Tuk drove through the fruit market, which we hadn’t seen in a long time.  On our ride home we drove through the main market and experienced the morning dance that keeps the city moving.  I made a few mental notes of streets to avoid due to road work.  

The coffee shop next door is still under construction.  Today they moved into the hammer and nail phase of the project.  It was so nice when they just poured concrete and waited for it to cure.  So peaceful (555).  

In today’s photos, Nitchanan and Daku are seen hanging out in the living room.  She carried her bag of chips all around, and Daku followed, patiently waiting for something to drop.  In the first pic you can see her airplane.  
In the second pic they’re posing for the camera, hamming it up.



Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.       Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                    Peace,
                              Danny


No comments: