Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Lead

Hi,

So yesterday we got wet, a little bit.  Today is supposed to be what we would call the ‘Storm of the Century’ in Chiang Rai.  There might even be thunder.  We don’t get to see weather people on TV where we live, but I’m sure they would take thunder as a given during a storm.  Maybe that’s what we need, a Max Doppler blah blah weather person with lots of maps and graphics.  What we have is weather reports generated by Western computers.  Hmm.

So, the ‘Easy Monday’ song was recognized quickly by a few readers.  This time I’ll give you better clues.
“When the sun shines they slip into the shade, and sip their lemonade when the sun shines.  __, I don’t mind.  Shine, the weather’s fine.  I can show you that when it starts to __, everything’s the same.  I can show you.  I can show you.”  Clue:  If you live in California, what was/is the weather word of the day?  It’s something that falls from the sky.  That makes this a ‘Super Easy Monday’.

Yesterday was a different kind of ‘Visiting Day’.  Lisa had a long visit with her good friend Lisa and I had a long visit with my friend Dan.  Do we see a pattern here?  It was a good day.  

Just 4 more ‘sleepings’ and we’ll be on our way.  It’s not that I don’t like being here, but being there is calling me.  We’re missing Daku, and the little family.  If only we could transplant a few things from here to there.  I’d like to have a Sprouts Market, a Trader Joe’s, and maybe a Ross (555).

While sitting in the window at Jersey Mike’s (subway sandwich shop) talking to my friend Dan, I had a revelation. Here's my version of the history of the Thai driving thing where cars and motorbikes turn in front of traffic when the light turns green.  Once upon a time in the bigger cities, all the motorbikes would come to the front of the line on a red light.  Because of the heat that rises from the engines on their bikes, they were given the ‘free’ turn so they could get moving and cool off.  Over time, cars just followed close behind to get through the light without waiting.  Now, it’s an assumed ‘right of way’.  It doesn't take the bitter taste out of my mouth when they turn in front of me, but now I understand, and I will make an effort to relax when it happens (555).

Today’s photo was sent to us by Cat.  She took this at the outdoor flower show in Chiang Rai.  


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“To lead people,
walk behind them.”
~Lao Tzu

No comments: