Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Cheer

Hi,

Considering the drama of the weekend weather, today was a good day.  There were clouds, but no rain.  The temps came up in the afternoon and it was a normal Chiang Rai day, whatever that is (555).

The ‘Easy Monday’ song came to many of you without my help.  It should be noted that it was also a movie.
“(Now) But now these days are gone and I’m not so self assured.  Now I find I’ve changed my mind, I’ve opened up the door.  __ me if you can, I’m feeling down, and I do appreciate you being ‘round.  __ me get my feet back on the ground.  Won’t you please, please __ me?”  Clue:  Assistance is needed.

All around town the big trees are blooming.  There are pink ones, yellow ones, purple and orange along with white and red.  In our yard the fragrant trees and bushes are blooming.  On the west side of the house it’s like a corridor of sweetness.  Next to the pool, in the rear of the house, there are gardenia and jasmine together.  Wow.  Wish I could send it to you in an email.

Lisa has an exhibit opening on Saturday at a place called The Factory.  The gallery is the latest addition to the things that happen there.  The main focus has been on food and music in the evenings, and various lessons for kids after school.  Lisa’s will be the first art exhibit and will feature watercolor paintings and cast acrylic prints.  In an effort to promote the show we’ve been taking small posters to various shops we frequent and of course social media.  Hmm, what an interesting term.  Anyway, it looks like there will be a nice turnout for the opening of this two-week event.

To the casual observer, it might look like we are 'mall rats’.  We’ve been frequenting the place lately.  Today it was on our list of things to do.  We had postcard size announcements of the show made, and then had lunch.  Just as we were finishing lunch, the couple two tables over also finished.  We were approached by a tall Texan who wondered how we met, where we were from, etc.  His Thai wife teaches marketing at a university and they seem nice.  After some small talk it was time to go.  We gave them a card for the event on Saturday.  Maybe they’ll come.  

Today’s photo is my new head, so to speak.  It’s a work in progress.  Where it will end up is anybody’s guess (5).


Tomorrow work begins on the back patio.  New tile will be installed.  This time it really is ‘no-slip’, which is important when leaving the pool or when it rains.  The first time around, nine years ago, there wasn’t much to choose from when it came to textured tile.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“The best way to cheer yourself up
is to try to cheer somebody else up.”
~Mark Twain

No comments: