Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Act

Hi,

Late last night we got the storm of the season, so far.  It rained overnight, and early this morning it got very intense.  Thunder and lightning were right overhead, rain beating down flooding the yards, it was epic.  We have not had a storm like this in a long time.  

‘Easy Monday’ was a song many of you know, or so I thought.  It was “Woodstock” by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.  It was written by Joni Mitchell who also recorded it after CSNY.  On to the ‘Zany Day’ song and a tune from a group that was known for it’s zaniness.  “Why don’t you __ __, __ __?  Don’t let me sleep too late.  Gotta get up in the morning, about a quarter to eight.  (Don’t you know I’m bound)  I’m bound to my job.  (My boss)  My boss is a big, fat slob.  Can’t even be a minute late or the boss will blow his gate.”  Clue:  The focus is on not being late for work. 

You may see an item in the news about an earthquake in central Myanmar that was felt in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.  We didn’t know it happened until we read it in the news.  We’re fine up here in the north.

We spent the entire day at The Big Brown House.  What a concept.  The big adventures involved going into the yard with Daku and keeping him from walking in the deep water and the mud.  This was, of course, after the rain had stopped.  He wanted to go out when it was pouring, only because that was on his schedule of things to do, but I had to put my foot down and say ‘no’.  

It will take some time getting used to calling the guest room what it is, and not ‘Cat’s Room’.  We were in there today, making the bed and seeing what got left behind.  There was a bag of hats that I had stored in there and forgot about.  It was a little memory bag.  I found a hat that I bought on our first visit to Thailand in 2001.  Blue had taken us to the Hard Rock Cafe in Bangkok and I still have the hat.  It will be great for going out with Daku in light rain.  There were also several years of BluesFest hats, which hold special memories.  

Today, from the series ‘Morning at Todd’s’, we see the big pond on his property, with the beginning of the additions to his house in the background.  


Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Act without expectation.”
~Lao Tzu

No comments: