Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Dreams

Hi,

Well, around dinner time it was still 102F.  That should give you an idea as to how hot today was, and it was cooler than yesterday.  We’ve been hearing thunder all afternoon and had a brief shower just to tease us.  Maybe tonight we’ll get some rain.  It rained in Chiang Mai so why not us?

Just to show you how much I respect the concept of ‘Easy Monday’, I’m going to give you lyrics that are sure to reveal the song (555).  “If you drive a car, I’ll tax the street.  If you try to sit, I’ll tax your seat.  If you get too cold, I’ll tax the heat.  If you talk a walk, I’ll tax your feet, ‘cause I’m the __ __, yeah I’m the __ __… and you’re working for no one by me, __ __.”  Hint:  I hope we’re clear on who this song is about, and the title.  

This morning we faced the hazy day early.  After a brief run/play with Daku we went into town.  Things are definitely back to ‘busy’ and the city was humming.  We have an unsolved mystery:  We keep seeing the big buses, like the ones we take to Chiang Mai, driving down side streets and in parts of town they usually don’t frequent.  I’m sure we’ll get an answer eventually, but for now it seems strange.  

On the Super Highway I took this photo of one of the new light standards.  There are a series of them and they each have 8 big lights.  We haven’t seen them ‘on’ yet, but they look impressive.  


This afternoon Natcha got a chance to hit the pool with Gong and Gop.  They seemed to really be enjoying themselves.  We won’t go in while the air is so bad, but they don’t seem to mind.  

Last night we talked to Cat, who is staying in her village.  She had just returned from a busy afternoon helping with firefighting efforts on a hillside behind her sister’s house.  She and her sister were helping provide water that was trucked up to the fire site.  She also helped with her grandfather and other relatives.  The fire was put out and all is well now.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“The future belongs to those who
believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: