Monday, November 2, 2015

Sky

Hi,

It’s so good to be home.  Seeing our little family filled my heart with joy.  Vacations are one thing, but returning from the hospital brought a completely different feeling.  Of course, when Daku came upstairs to see me he wanted to play.  I think he’ll figure it out that I can only pet his head for now.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Uptight (Everything is Alright)” by Stevie Wonder.  I didn’t hear from many of you so you get a genuine ‘Easy Monday’ song to start the week.  “__ __ __ when she’s gone.  It’s not warm when she’s away.  __ __ __ when she’s gone, and she’s always gone too long anytime she goes away.”  Hint:  I know we’ve done it before, but I know you need a ‘win’.  (555)

The Chiang Mai saga is over.  After a weekend in the hotel bed, I actually got up and got dressed this morning.  We went back to Bangkok Hospital for a final followup with the surgeon.  He changed my bandage and told me to go home and stay in bed for a week.  Oh boy.  A taxi driver with a van brought us home and we passed the time watching episodes of Eureka on my laptop.  

I would love to tell you that everything medical is finished, but I have to go back for another operation in late February.  This time it’s a repair on the right side.  Now that I know what to expect and how I’ll be treated, I’m not as worried about it.  I know I can rise to the occasion and it will be just as successful. 

While we were in Chiang Mai, the staff at the Dusit D2 became our support crew.  They made meals that I could eat, and every time they brought food or coffee to the room they’d ask me how I was doing.  Anything we needed, they were quick to provide.  Even the doormen and the parking guys were all concerned about my condition.  I think it’s one of the first times I’ve been in Chiang Mai and not gone to the Night Bazaar.  Hmm.

Aside from the hospital photos, I managed to get one at the hotel that was fun.  They decorated the lobby with lots of typical Halloween images and some of the staff made up their faces.  Today’s photo is the lobby scene.


Have a Great Week.

             Peace,
                       Danny

“We all live under the same sky,
but we don’t all have the same
horizon.”
~Konrad Adenauer

No comments: