Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy

Hi,

The weekend weather in Chiang Rai was what one might call ‘fair’.  A few times it got dark, like it was going to rain, but it never happened.  Hmm, maybe it happened ‘nearby’.  

‘Old School Friday’ was “Fever”, originally by Little Willie John, and ‘appropriated’ by Peggy Lee.  ‘Easy Monday’ is terribly easy:  “__, I need somebody.  __, not just anybody.  __, you know I need someone, __.  When I was younger, so much  younger than today.  I never needed anybody’s __ in any way.  But now these days are gone, I’m not so self-assured.  Now I find I’ve changed my mind, and opened up the doors.”  Hint:  First the song, then the movie, and now ‘Easy Monday’.

Saturday morning we did a very brave thing; we went to the mall just as it opened.  Surprisingly, it wasn’t as crowded as I imagined it would be.  We needed school and art supplies and I had to get rid of a phone number.  There was another thing that happened quite unexpectedly.  While going from one end to the other, we passed a shoe sale.  I felt a mild obligation to walk through and discovered a pair of shoes I didn’t realize I needed.  Hmm.  Cat found a pair of sandals she needed.  So amazing how that can happen (555).  I’ve never had a pair of black suede loafers.  

Sunday morning Cat went to the mall to see a movie with some friends.  With the first full week of school behind them, it was time for a little diversion.  

The Leechy Fair was one of my targets for a photo session and Sunday was a perfect time.  Here are a couple of photos that show the road side segment of the fair, and a close up of Blue picking a bunch. 



Natcha was busy in the kitchen this weekend.  She has a nephew who turned 5 years old and she wanted to make him a cake.  Not only did she make a little chocolate cake, but she made a bunch of iced mini-cupcakes.  We learned today that she and Gong are getting engaged with plans to get married next year.  The adventure continues.

Have a Great Week.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Love is wanting others to be happy.”
~The Dalai Lama

No comments: