Monday, February 23, 2015

Music

Hi,

The weather pattern is holding, but the mornings are warming up faster.  It won’t be long before we stick our toes in the pool for serious testing.  

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Day-O” by Harry Belafonte.  I just know you remember this ‘Easy Monday’ song:  “Ooh, I bet you’re wonderin’ how I knew, ‘bout your plans to make me blue.  With some other guy that you knew before, between the two of us guys you know I loved you more.  It took me by surprise I must say, when I found out yesterday.  Don’t you know that __ __ __ __ __ __ not much longer would you be mine.  Oh, __ __ __ __ __ __, oh and I’m just about to lose my mind.  Honey, honey, yeah…”  Hint:  News of the breakup came by way of rumors.  

The big news at The Big Brown House is that the little elephant is basically done.  Lisa will meet the Wednesday deadline with room to spare.  Tomorrow we’re planning to take him outside and photograph him in his natural surroundings (555).  I will pass on the results of the photo shoot.

Sunday we had a very nice visit with our friends Brenda and Eric, who live near us at the Condotel.  They are from Idaho and have retired to Chiang Rai.  We’re learning a lot about some interesting places to go in the south of Thailand from them.  They have visited several islands we’d like to see some day.  It’s nice to meet expats and have things to talk about besides what they did before they got here.  

One of the cool things about having Blue living with us are his ‘Tales from the Road’, as I like to call them.  He has traveled extensively for many years, as tour/road manager for many world-class music artists.  It’s always fun to hear those ‘behind the scenes' stories.   

This will be a short week for us in Chiang Rai.  Thursday morning we will drive to Chiang Mai and stay until Sunday.  I will be attending the 8th Regional Convention with Recovery friends from around the world.  We’ll also take care of some business, visit a gallery exhibit and look for things we can’t find in Chiang Rai.  It will be very strange to drive past Charon Gardens and not stop for pie.

This morning we had to refill the thyroid prescriptions for Daku and BamBam and while I was waiting in the car, I spotted one of the unique food vendors from another era.  The woman in the photo carries all of the ingredients that go to make a meal.  Her customers buy the elements they want and cook them in their shops.  It’s a way to have a fresh lunch at work.  It must be a taxing job, especially as the weather gets hotter.


Have a Great Week.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Music exists for the purpose
of growing an admirable heart.”
~Shinichi Suzuki

No comments: