Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kindness

Hi,

Last night (Wednesday) was the coldest night yet.  We had to break out the quilt, which is not tropical bedding.  All around town there are jackets and warm coats for sale by the roadside.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song should have been a snap.  It’s a letter to Santa, but the toys are all expensive.  Here’s more:
“__ __, a 54 convertible too, light blue.  I’ll wait up for you dear, __ __, so hurry down the chimney tonight.”
Clue:  The singer of the original recording once played Cat Woman.  

Today’s morning adventure took place at Central Plaza Mall.  There is a Top’s Market on the lower level and it carries products from America and Europe.  It’s a good place to find quality veggies, turkey this time of year, as well as lots of Thai products.  We stocked up on turkey, since they will be gone when we return in January.  It’s so weird to walk by sections where I would have stopped and put something in the cart.  Normally, when we leave Top’s I go to the woman who sells mango and sticky rice, for a treat to take home.  Not any more.  

In Thailand there are three main telephone carriers for cell service.  I have a different carrier than Lisa, Cat and Blue.  There are different charges when calling another network.  I decided to join their network, DTac, with the understanding that I could keep my number.  Today, after sitting at both carriers, I finally got the process started and in three days, I should be on their network.  There is also better internet access and that's more relevant with the new phone with the bigger screen.   If only things were this easy where we are headed.  Hmm.

Right now it’s 8pm and the temp is at 58F.  It’s going to get colder as the night progresses.  I can put on another layer of warmth, another blanket and be comfortable.  There are those who do not have this luxury and they are in my thoughts.  Some of the artists at Art Bridge got involved in a warm clothes/blanket collection for the Chiang Rai area.  We never know how one garment might get someone through the night.

In a never ending quest to keep you aware of happenings in Thai culture, I offer today’s photo of a special event at Central Festival Mall in Chiang Mai.  The photo shows kids climbing on a big, inflated ship that belongs to The Salads.  The Salads are characters in a learning adventure for children and they are all vegetables.  Not the children, but The Salads.  On stage, there was a dancing celery, broccoli, and I think there was a carrot.  The kids were totally into it, screaming and cheering.  Now I have to see if I can find one of their cartoons.  (555)


The countdown has begun.  The journey begins on our Monday morning and ends on your Monday night.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.”
~Lao Tzu

No comments: