Thursday, December 1, 2011

Things

Hi,

Today was the closest we've gotten to rain in a long time. The sky got dark and cloudy this afternoon, but no water. I went to Dr. 'Fun', Lisa had a Thai lesson, and we had a substitute housekeeper for the day.

It looks like the regular crew is back. Lots of responses to this tune. If there's still a little doubt, read on:
"I feel so foolish, I've never noticed, you'd act so nervous, could you be falling for me? It took a rumor to make me wonder, now I'm convinced that I'm going under... Let's give them __ __ __ __, a little mystery to figure out, let's give them __ __ __ __, how about love, love, love?" Hint: It's about a reason to gossip, Hmm.

Since this was the first of the month it meant that Boot went to Ban Du to help with the lottery. Her friend La came over early and did some cleaning and helped in the kitchen. Lisa cooked lunch while La watched and helped. She and BamBam get along great and as soon as Daku gets over being too excited around her we'll be able to leave both dogs with her. When we were in the room he behaved like a gentleman.

I was all prepared to wince when it came time for injections from Dr. Oy, but it turned out she could fill the little cavities without any pain killer. I put on my headphones and put my music on shuffle to cut down the noise of the drill. It turned out to be interesting on some songs because it was like another instrument in the mix. I have to go back next week to replace the filling that has 'expired'. The two fillings totaled $30, which makes going to the dentist rather painless. Amazing Thailand.

We've been making some 'dates' to get together with a few new friends before we leave for our Winter Trip to America. It's really a matter of keeping some momentum and not losing touch. Our 'community' is growing weekly and it feels good.

This evening Khru Ploy came over and gave Lisa another Thai lesson. I'm getting a lot out of it because I quiz her on her vocabulary words and it helps me learn. Last night, at the reception for PATA, one of the Thai speakers read a statement in English. He referred to the 'Offician' opening of the chapter. It took me a second to realize he was saying the Thai version of the word 'Official'. Even reading the printed word, some things just can't be changed.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Things which matter most must never
be at the mercy of things that matter least."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: