Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Help

Hi,

Our day was full of bright sunshine, and occasional clouds. By afternoon it looked like the rain would pass. (Ha) We had another massage marathon, and there were baby birds playing in the yard.

There were a few responses to the 'Easy Monday' song. I think you know it, so here's a line that might help:
"...it's no use, he sees her, he starts to shake and cough. Just like the old man in that book by Nabokov." Clue: If I gave you the lyrics to the chorus I'd be giving you the title. Hint: It has something to do with proximity.

This morning Khun Ann came to the house to give us each her special 3 hour massage ($15 each). While Lisa got her treatment I ran some errands. One of my stops was at the coffee counter post office at Tops. I had to send some documents to Bangkok that were time sensitive so I used EMS (Express Mail Service). I was surprised when told that it would cost 37 Baht ($1.21) Another convenience that we enjoy is paying bills at 7-11. I had to see if Boot could pay the bill for her TV there and it turns out she can. With so many 7-11s all over town, it's easy to take care of business. The way it works here is, if you want a 7-11 store, you can have one if you're willing to do all the work for about 40 percent of the business. A friend of ours called it 'buying a job'. Hmm.

Lisa, Ann and I had a pleasant lunch and after she relaxed a bit, it was my turn. She speaks very little English so there isn't much communication during the session. Atom gave her a list of words and phrases that might be important and it appears that she's done her homework. Sometimes she'd use gestures and sound affects to get her point across. By the end of the session I was very relaxed and a few 'kinks' were eliminated. Then we went for a gentle swim.

This evening I left the house around 6:15 and the weather was nice. It was cooling off a little, but it didn't look like rain. By 7:30 it was storming downtown, but not at our house. On my way home I saw many bikers huddled under bus stops, and salas. They didn't see it coming. Now it's raining everywhere. Oh well, everything is getting watered.

Tonight begins the serious packing. Before that can be done, there's 'destination weather' to check up on, just to make sure we bring the right clothes. Our understanding is that it will be cooler than here. Hmm, that will be a nice change.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"You cannot teach a man anything;
you can only help him to find it within himself."
~Galileo

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: